Level designer - Gothenburg
Come work with us at our Gothenburg office or from the comfort of your own home!
With roots in the award-winning SteamWorld series, known for its frequent genre-hopping and inclusive design, we have an experienced team working on The Gunk; a new original IP that lets you explore strange new planets and see what treasures you can find beneath the sticky surface.
Starting as a part of our well established team working on the Gunk we would love to see that you enjoy the entire spectrum of level design, from concept & blockout to full implementation. In this position you will design encounters, puzzles and visually appealing levels. The content you create will have to adapt to fit well with the game’s vision and you will work closely with programmers & artists to implement the best solutions possible.
If you love working in a team of smaller teams (20-30 people) and being a part of shaping the levels & the process of making them this might be the place for you.
The role includes
- Create top down layouts and communicate the vision to the rest of the team
- Block out new levels, populate existing ones
- Script events
- Conceptualize & implement clever puzzles using the game mechanics
- Communicate the design with the rest of the team to ensure it's in line with the overall vision
- Gathering feedback through internal & external testing and iterate based on the feedback
- Manage and prioritize tasks related to your levels
- Professional experience working as a level designer in Unreal Engine
- Ability to work both theoretically with the design as well as more hands on in the engine
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills (English)
- Extensive experience with blueprint
- Living in or around Gothenburg
- A passion for environment art & lighting
Our bonus points
- Nice people
- Collective agreement (Tekniktjänsteavtalet)
- Flex hours
- Wellness allowance (friskvårdsbidrag)
- Crunch free development culture
We are Thunderful
Games: Thunderful is a creative development studio where quality is the most important parameter: We make polished gems. We focus on contained, single-player products in the indie to double-A range. We aspire to make games that our players will remember for years after having finished playing them.
People: Each Thunderful individual makes a difference. At Thunderful we aspire to create an inclusive environment where everyone is not only welcome, but celebrated. We also believe that happy developers make better games, and having a good work-life balance makes developers happy.
Our job is per definition an art form, as creating games takes hard work, creativity and a desire to make something special. Each project has their own challenges, but they are also inspiring and rewarding.
This is a full-time position, available remotely or on site in Gothenburg. Our office is located in central Gothenburg. At the office we have a number of different and diverse teams working on projects such as Lost in Random, The Gunk and other, un-announced projects in the AA range.
How to apply
Last day for application: 2021-02-21.